Monday, June 11, 2012

Tool # 5 Producing with Web 2.0 Tools


I created a comic strip called Cat and Bird using the site MakeBeliefs comics. This site was very easy to navigate.   I also love that you have the option to write in English or Spanish.   My students will certainly enjoy creating their own comic strips.   I can see using this activity in bilingual centers, literacy workstations, or even writing workshop.  I could also use this tool during whole group instruction, as it is quick and uncomplicated. 

While there are great tools available, what caught my attention immediately were the “word cloud” generators.  My favorite sites were wordle and ABC Ya!.  In kindergarten, students generate topic lists, so this would be a fun and exciting way to support the creation of lists.


Wordle: school-last names

http://www.wordle.net/show/wrdl/5424605/school-last_names

1 comment: