1. Three things that I want my students to understand about being good digital citizens are:
1) The importance of using responsible and appropriate behavior when utilizing technology.
2) The importance of staying safe online by asking the teacher/parents before entering a new link/website.
3) The importance of protecting their passwords.
2. I would use BrainPOP Spotlight: Digital Citizenship. I also liked NetSmarthz Kids: Bad Netiquette Stinks’ video.
3. I would introduce the idea by discussing the importance of being safe in the playground and then making the connection to being safe on the internet. I would explain to students that there's no distinction between offline and online behavior. I would use the NetSmarthz Kids’ video to show my students examples of good and bad digital manners.
4. I think Back to School Night would be a great opportunity to introduce digital citizenship to parents. I could also include in my weekly newsletter technology updates, appropriate technology usage and safety tips to discuss with their child.